So I’m turning 30 in a few days… and I think I’m going through a midlife err..um… third-of-a-life crisis
I’m normally very logical and clear minded, but I’ve been very irritable lately (just ask my wife). On top that, the clarity that I once had seems gone at the moment. Turning 30 has motivated me to start thinking about what I want to be doing for the next 5 to 10 years and therein lies the confusion…
I have a great job as a software developer, but is that what I want to be doing for the rest of my life? It wouldn’t be the worst thing that could happen… I also don’t think quitting my job and scraping pennies as a wannabe game developer is the best choice either.
A little clarity would go a long way right now, but anyway here are some other things I noticed that suck about turning 30:
- I can’t eat a pile of really spicy wings anymore… well… I can… and do, but its not worth it the next day (if you know what I mean)
- My hair is thinning… not that noticeable to other people, but I can’t help but notice the glimmer of my scalp through my hair when the light hits it a certain way. I’ve been turning gray since I was 18, but that never bothered me as much as this.
- I feel like I have no time to do anything outside of work and sleep, and I don’t even have kids yet!
- Its easier to get hurt and slower to heal.
- I didn’t make my first million yet… oh, like your goals for turning 30 are so much better!
- My memory has been going downhill quick… I’ve got a ton of iphone reminders and post-its everywhere for things I’m supposed to do.
- There’s only a few years left until the end of the world.
That’s all I got for now… leave some comments and let me know what you think sucks about turning 30!